As with everything, there has to be rules. Well, more guidelines that we follow most of the time. It’s a simple, short, list:
- The film can’t be a Razzie winner.
- The film can’t be a box office bomb [ a film by a major distributor that coat millions to make but only made a small fraction of that back at the cinema ].
- The film has to suck you in.
- You have to hope that the film will get better but deep in your heart you know it won’t.
- If the film is just un-watchably bad then it is fine to stop the film and find something “better“.